Addon: Login Modules (Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc)

but the whole idea of clients registering and then to login to place an order is so you have their account details linked to their ordered server/product.

if they login using FB etc. then they are not leaving their details to be linked to a purchased service/product

The addon still creates an account in WHMCS which is --LINKED-- to their remote account. You will still have their account details for any orders as normal. The benefit is they can just use their remote account to actually log in.

also the basic free Janrain Engage is not designed for business sites "Easy integration for bloggers and hobbyists"

a hosting business would really need the Pro version at $1000 a year

That is how they advertise it. You can use it on any type of site you want. A hosting company would not need the paid version if they do not require it. It all depends on the size of the business. We have also noted some other services in this thread we would gladly program another addon for if there is a demand for it.

• 9 months later...

Does this module bring any advantage? I don't see the point to be able to login to whmcs / cpanel / facebook / google all at same time.

This will simply introduice more security risks into whmcs. Think about the amount of zero day exploits running for those provider!

There were security issues with whmcs login recently. i wouldn't touch it anymore!

Does this module bring any advantage?

Yes it does. It allows visitors, potential customers, and existing customers to log into your WHMCS installation in a matter of seconds. For new customers this allows them an easier way to register and ultimately buy your services/products. It prevents them from having to fill out (yet another) long registration form in order to purchase something, therefore ultimately making things easier on them.

I don't see the point to be able to login to whmcs / cpanel / facebook / google all at same time.

I think you might be misunderstanding the addon. It allows you to log in to WHMCS using one of your existing accounts such as Google or Facebook, etc. It does not log you into all of your accounts all at once.

This will simply introduice more security risks into whmcs

No it doesn't. Feel free to elaborate on how you feel this is true because it simply is not correct. The addon integrates with WHMCS and uses the core log in code to handle logins from other providers. It has the same amount of security as the normal log in function. We suggest providing specifics and facts before simply commenting on our addon thread about something being insecure.

• 2 weeks later...
Does this module bring any advantage? I don't see the point to be able to login to whmcs / cpanel / facebook / google all at same time.

This will simply introduice more security risks into whmcs. Think about the amount of zero day exploits running for those provider!

There were security issues with whmcs login recently. i wouldn't touch it anymore!

Man, whats your problem of us PAYING to have an OPTIONAL module installed on our whmcs? i can understand to a certain point not wanting to have the option on WHMCS by default, but this is just ridiculous. Plus, the developper, and reality of major ecommerce sites show this is not a problem, and if there is the advantages outgrow the disadvantages.

Regards,

• 2 months later...
Tried to demo the product from the developer site and get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_hash() on a non-object in /home/gowhmcs/public_html/includes/api/updateclient.php on line 0

Hello,

This issue has been fixed. This was a bug in WHMCS in 5.2.2 and we upgraded to 5.2.3 and this fixed the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I also have open tickets with GoWHMCS because one off their Module does not work, and have not received a reply in 2 weeks.

Any idea if they are still in business?

Which module do you have? Yes we are still in business.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...