WHMCS Staff Knowledgebase (Internal Knoweldgebase)

I have just released a new mod Staff Knowledgebase and it's now available to purchase.

This module is a knowledgebase for your staff members built into WHMCS. With this module you can provide articles for your staff with information on certain aspects of your business, plus many more features!

FEATURES

• Staff Only Knowledgebase
  • Customizable permissions
  • Wiki Category Shortcuts in header menu
  • Search Articles
  • Plus lots more...

Includes 12 months Free Support/Updates

Purchase

This module is encoded with ioncube and is licensed at £15 one off fee for life! Including 12 months free support/updates. Support/updates can be renewed or can be stopped. (Please open a support ticket to stop support/updates)

Click Here To Order Now

Installing WHMCS Staff Knowledgebase in 4 Easy Steps:

• 1) Upload all files to your WHMCS root.
  • 2) Visit the add-on module in WHMCS Admin area > Settings > Add-on Modules > Activate Staff Knowledgebase and setup permissions for your user group
  • 2) Visit the add-on module in WHMCS Admin area > Utilities > Add-on Modules > Staff Knowledgebase
  • 3) Enter your license key and click install
  • 4) Your Staff Knowledgebase has now been successfully installed!

Support!

For support please submit a support ticket here (Click here). Please do not submit support requests in this thread. If you discover a bug, please also submit it in a ticket and we shall patch the mod ASAP and release a update fixing the bug.

Staff Knowledgebase Future Secured!

Due to many mods in the past being abandoned and no longer supported/developed, We have taken the extra time to secure the mods future. In the unlikely event we are unable to support/develop any mods developed by EasyWHMCS, Sparky shall continue development of EasyWHMCS modules!

Click Here To Order Now

Click Here To View All WHMCS Addons By EasyWHMCS

Any more questions please reply below or email sales@easywhmcs.com

Cheers!

Posting in here so I can grab it off my profile because I know threads tend to get bumped off here.

Also, that's a beautiful integration. If I didn't know better, I'd have said you used the Client version of the very same knowledgebase to make the admin-area only one!

Did you? If you did, I'm gonna have to say, "WHMCS, why, oh, why did you not include it yourselves?"

And how easy/difficult was it?

Edit: Can I get a private version to check out? If that's not possible, would you be willing to provide one to me if I can send over the funds next month?

I don't quite have the funds to purchase the module right now, but I will next month. However, we do need this asap.

Edited by Keiro

Posting in here so I can grab it off my profile because I know threads tend to get bumped off here.

Also, that's a beautiful integration. If I didn't know better, I'd have said you used the Client version of the very same knowledgebase to make the admin-area only one!

Did you? If you did, I'm gonna have to say, "WHMCS, why, oh, why did you not include it yourselves?"

And how easy/difficult was it?

Edit: Can I get a private version to check out? If that's not possible, would you be willing to provide one to me if I can send over the funds next month?

I don't quite have the funds to purchase the module right now, but I will next month. However, we do need this asap.

Hello

The design is similar to whmcs knowledgebase, We kept the same aspects so it looks more like it was a part of whmcs and not a addon that sticks out like a sore thumb, It doesn't use any of the coding whmcs used (Whmcs is encoded so we can't access it), We've just made the design look similar

I'm afraid we can't provide you with a license intill the payment is completed

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Understandable.

It looks incredibly like part of WHMCS. I had to doublecheck to see. I like the very slick integration you've made so that it looks the part.

However, if we pay for this now, prior to release 5 of WHMCS, how are you handling updates to that? Oh wait, I just looked at the initial post which answers my question.

Oops on my part, hahahaha.

Understandable. We'll order this soon, but I'm not sure if I can do that today or in the next few days.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I have just released a new update for the WHMCS Staff Knowledgebase Mod this update is now available to download from our client area.

This update is a bug fix patch, And fixs the following bugs

Features

Select which user groups see which categories

Small design improvements

Bug fix

Removed sidebar effecting new admin theme

Fixed styles issue with blend theme

Removed sidebar effecting new admin theme

Blank page on addon activate

WHMCS new editor functions (instead of old)

View articles permissions bug

Cheers

Liam

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this and I am making great use of it! Thanks.

A couple quick bugs I noticed:

1. When adding a new category, if you fail to check off any of the permissions, you wind up with a ghost category that you can't edit or remove. I suggest fixing this by checking "Allow Access to Category for Full Administrator users" by default and making it a disabled checkbox - why shouldn't an admin see all categories?

2. Adding an article to more than one category causes it to show up that same number of times under the Recent Articles listing as well as search results.

3. Ordered and unordered lists within an article do not display numbers or bullets as they should. I'm assuming this is due to the WHMCS admin template stylesheet, but I would think this plugin should have an override in place. Perhaps even an unencrypted stylesheet of its own so we can adjust other things like display of code tags and pre tags.

4. After editing and saving a category, I expect to be brought to the category's article listing so I can start adding articles. Instead it brings me back to the category edit page. If I've already edited it, why would I want to continue editing it? I can see how that would be helpful for editing an article, since they can be long enough that you might want to add something after saving (or save as you go along), but not for editing a category's properties.

UI Oddities:

1. When I click the settings tab, I expect it to remain in tab form. The fact that the settings page breaks out of the tab view when I do this makes me think it shouldn't be a tab at all. I suggest moving the settings link to the far right side and have it display as just a link or a button (not a tab) so as to avoid this UI discrepancy.

2. While viewing an article, the breadcrumbs bar blends in with the article text. It would be nice to clearly separate the breadcrumbs bar from the article by providing it with a background shade or a bottom border. I suggest a grey background colour and maybe a bit more bottom margin.

Feature Request:

When searching for an article, show the categories each search result is assigned to (like the way WordPress shows categories and/or tags for a post listing)

Edited by jas8522

Just installed this and I am making great use of it! Thanks.

A couple quick bugs I noticed:

1. When adding a new category, if you fail to check off any of the permissions, you wind up with a ghost category that you can't edit or remove. I suggest fixing this by checking "Allow Access to Category for Full Administrator users" by default and making it a disabled checkbox - why shouldn't an admin see all categories?

2. Adding an article to more than one category causes it to show up that same number of times under the Recent Articles listing as well as search results.

3. Ordered and unordered lists within an article do not display numbers or bullets as they should. I'm assuming this is due to the WHMCS admin template stylesheet, but I would think this plugin should have an override in place. Perhaps even an unencrypted stylesheet of its own so we can adjust other things like display of code tags and pre tags.

4. After editing and saving a category, I expect to be brought to the category's article listing so I can start adding articles. Instead it brings me back to the category edit page. If I've already edited it, why would I want to continue editing it? I can see how that would be helpful for editing an article, since they can be long enough that you might want to add something after saving (or save as you go along), but not for editing a category's properties.

UI Oddities:

1. When I click the settings tab, I expect it to remain in tab form. The fact that the settings page breaks out of the tab view when I do this makes me think it shouldn't be a tab at all. I suggest moving the settings link to the far right side and have it display as just a link or a button (not a tab) so as to avoid this UI discrepancy.

2. While viewing an article, the breadcrumbs bar blends in with the article text. It would be nice to clearly separate the breadcrumbs bar from the article by providing it with a background shade or a bottom border. I suggest a grey background colour and maybe a bit more bottom margin.

Feature Request:

When searching for an article, show the categories each search result is assigned to (like the way WordPress shows categories and/or tags for a post listing)

Do you feel like this was worth the purchase? Looking for a internal wiki for my site

Do you feel like this was worth the purchase? Looking for a internal wiki for my site

That's a tough call at the moment. The add-on is fully functional in all the core functionality and much of my bug report above refers to display issues and non-critical bugs in the behaviour of the add-on. I am also considerably more picky about display issues and UI usability than most.

At less than $20 it seems like good value to me, but that assumes one of two things:

1. They repair those bugs and release an update in a timely fashion (1-2 months seems fair since they're not critical bugs), or

2. They release an unencoded version of the plugin and allow me to fix the problems myself. After all, it's hardly fair to have someone pay for broken software (even if it's not critically broken) then not fix it or allow the customer to fix it themselves. I see no indication this will be required as of yet.

I hope this helps you in your decision. Is there a decent alternative I may have missed?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

These guys seem to be out of business. I have attempted to purchase their Add-on through their cart but their PayPal account has been closed.

I've opened up a ticket to find another means of payment, without response. There is no contact information on their website, nor anywhere on the forums.

Their add-on is exactly that I need. If anyone knows how to reach these guys, or has the means to sell me these files; I'm open to suggestions.

• 1 month later...

We are very much still in business, you should be able to make the payment now.

I have just released a new update for the WHMCS Staff Knowledgebase Mod this update is now available to download from our client area.

This update is a main release that includes a full rewrite and design improvements, Please see below for the full changelog:

Features

• Full code rewrite and optomisation - Built from the ground up
  • Logs activity within this module to the Activity Log
  • Multi Language Compatible

Enhancements

• Using WHMCS language files for hard coded text
  • Relocated search and added additional search params
  • Refreshed Design to keep in style with WHMCS
  • Improved group access to categories logic

Bug fix

• Resolved blank page on saving addons module page

The update is available to download immediately from our client area @ www.easywhmcs.com/portal/

You can view all WHMCS mods available at www.easywhmcs.com

Cheers

Liam

What about back-porting the bug fixes to the previous version for customers who don't have an annual support contract??

You do not have to renew the support and updates this is totally optional however without renewing this you wouldn't be entitled to updates (including bug fixes) and support, this works in the same fashion as a owned WHMCS license.

You do not have to renew the support and updates this is totally optional however without renewing this you wouldn't be entitled to updates (including bug fixes) and support, this works in the same fashion as a owned WHMCS license.

Yes true, but since the last version was so plagued with bugs I thought you might do so. We can't even use it as every link on the homepage of the plugin (most popular/ most recent etc) don't work - they all point to the same url. We just gave up on it after we noticed all the formatting bugs.

Yes true, but since the last version was so plagued with bugs I thought you might do so. We can't even use it as every link on the homepage of the plugin (most popular/ most recent etc) don't work - they all point to the same url. We just gave up on it after we noticed all the formatting bugs.

Sounds like you've been using a very very old version as the last version only had 1 bug of a blank page in the admin area addon modules, The current release is now v3 and i'd recommend trying this as its completely been redesigned and so far proving very stable, If you do find any bugs in the v3 please submit a support ticket with these and we can get them resolved for you.

Does this module support the ability to only show certain categories to certain staff members? So a support rep would only be able to see relevant knowledge base articles etc... and not have access to billing departments articles.

Yes it does however works on the basis of the admin user group.

• 1 month later...

I have just released a new update for the WHMCS Staff Knowledgebase Mod this update is purely a bug fix and enhancements patch, this is now available to download from our client area.

This version is 3.1, Please see below for the full changelog:

Enhancements

• Action Logs can be disabled
  • Bullet points are now displayed within the module (not dependant on admin theme)
  • Removes old settings table that is no longer used

Bug fix

• Fixed articles displaying more than once if assigned to multiple categories
  • Multi Language displaying default language in list
  • All articles displaying on homepage (Should show none on the homepage)
  • Disable editor button not working

The update is available to download immediately from our client area @ www.easywhmcs.com/portal/

You can view all WHMCS mods available at www.easywhmcs.com

Cheers

Liam

• 3 years later...
Does this support WHMCS v7? Let me know ASAP so I can purchase. Thanks.

if a developer hasn't logged in for 2 years, the product isn't listed in Marketplace and has the reputation of EasyWHMCS (Google them!), then i'd be tempted to steer clear of their products. :idea:

an alternative, available from the Marketplace, and marked as being compatible with v7.1, is Staff Wiki / Knowledgebase.