Installation issues

maknet

Is anyone else finding this terribly difficult to "test" what it is i want before going to production?

I'm not really sure who to turn to, since the forums are a little slow, the documentation is a little simple and there's no real paid service. Is there any kind of paid training or tutorial / config that i can get anywhere?

Anyways, here's my current issues:

1) How can i test that the invoice-reminders are working?

2) How do i get invoices named MAKNET2009-# ? (Changing it in the config doesn't really seem to work

3) How do i get multiple gateways from the same provider? (i think they said you can't) This would also be handy if i could specify like CASH or CHEQUE or BANK TRANSFER or WIRE which are all pretty much the same, except there's only two options "Mail in Payment" and "Bank Transfer"

4) What is the difference between an "order" and an "invoice"?

Background: Our setup is we have a lot of customers, in multiple currencies, with many different types of hosting price-points. Currently, all orders / invoices are entered by us manually, we don't really sell to the public.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Right now i'm just a little frustrated since this software seems to have a lot of options, but i'm just trying to get it to do what i need on a basic level, and it doesn't seem to be doing it.

Lawrence

• WHMCS Support Manager

1. Generate in invoice, set the due date to today, and wait for the reminder emails to be sent.

2. Not possible, just use numbers.

3. Open a ticket and we should be able to duplicate them for you.

4. An invoice is the thing you send a customer telling them to pay you money. An order is basically an internal mechanism within WHMCS to link the invoice and the client's products together.

on no 4. I had that confused at first too, but now i understand that the invoicing is done automatically by whmcs billing software. So I control the orders (and manual "invoice" line items in support), and then the SYSTEM takes my orders and does her thing with them (totals, records, and send to client).

That brings up a point, John, should we not use "add to order" in the support ticket instead of add to invoice?

Hi John,

You are helpful as always:

1) I set the invoice for today. I manually run the cron-job, there are 0 overdue accounts. Is this correct? How can i test it?

2) Oh, i thought the example said you could do like MAKNET2009-#.. can you do like 2009-#? Or just the #?

3) Excellent! So should request a ticket that i need 2 x "Mail in Payment" or 2 x "PsiGate" options and that is how i can fix my multi-currency issue?

Thanks,

Lawrence