Resellers

snake

Question

Can someone enlighten me about reseller support in WHM. Does WHM actually allow resellers or does it simply support the reseller concept in the control panel? And if so does it fully support the control panel (DotNetPanel in my case) resellers so that they can edit their sub-users and sub-resellers and their packages and domains?

10 answers to this question

All WHMCS does from what I understand is allow you to bill your reseller. Using Helm as an example, WHMCS will suspend\terminate the resellers Helm account if payment is not made. Everything else related to the reseller becomes Helms are of control and WHMCS has no relation or access to it.

Some of my resellers have asked if they can use WHMCS to bill their clients but using my installation which I don't think will work. I don't see a way to seperate out their transactions and settings from mine.

does this mean that each resller is running a totally separate install of WHMCS?

"reseller" as far as whmcs is concerned is simply a way of creating the correct account type in your hosting control panel

so yes, if you provide your *resellers* with a copy of whmcs for them to manage their clients, its a completely separate product, licence, installation.

So-let me get this straight. You sign up for a resellers account, set the options up in your whmcs, sell the product, and whmcs will bill you?

It will be up to you to get the money? So lets say the product cost 5 bucks, you will it for 7 bucks, whmcs will charge you 5 bucks through your CC.

Am I correct in this?

This is how I did it when I was a reseller for webhosting.

"reseller" as far as whmcs is concerned is simply a way of creating the correct account type in your hosting control panel

so yes, if you provide your *resellers* with a copy of whmcs for them to manage their clients, its a completely separate product, licence, installation.

I am checking out WHMCS and I need to set up a reseller. if I need to set up a whole separate install for a reseller please explain when the menu item (clients-->List Reseller Accounts) comes in to play?

This is throwing me through a loop, becuase if reseller has is a separate install I don't see the point in that menu item.

Thanks

I am checking out WHMCS and I need to set up a reseller. if I need to set up a whole separate install for a reseller please explain when the menu item (clients-->List Reseller Accounts) comes in to play?

This is throwing me through a loop, becuase if reseller has is a separate install I don't see the point in that menu item.

Thanks

The list refers to clients to whom you have sold a reseller hosting package, as opposed to a shared hosting package, dedicated server etc.