Invoice Download & Print Showing No Content

Hey Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It has been so long, i am not sure what invoice template we where using. It is possible some edits where done to it in the past, but i think these where overwritten long ago.

The standard template is all we need. How would i go about just having it load the standard invoice template?

change your default template to "Six" (i'm assuming the upgrade will have installed the latest version) and see if the PDF invoice views/prints correctly... if it does, then it's a case of working through your old custom invoicepdf.tpl template to match the latest version.

btw, there were code content changes between the v6 and v7 templates, I can recall how it handles fonts being one of them.

in setup -> general settings -> invoices -> pdf font family, which font is selected? what happens if you change to one of the others ??

looking at your template, there's one one difference between it and the default template and that's a minor tweak around the status... but I can't see how that could cause this.

then I suggest you get the full release of the WHMCS version you're using from download.whmcs.com and reupload the 'vendor' folder - it's possible there are corrupt/incomplete files lurking in there that hopefully the upload will fix.

from what I can see, it's not a template issue - and if it's not a fonts issue, then next step will be to ensure it's not a core file causing this - so uploading 'vendor' folder and, if that doesn't work, 'includes' folder too, might resolve the issue.

the invoice was working fine prior to the upgrade would it really be the server?

the horse has bolted now, but ideally you should always test before upgrading... certainly when jumping between major releases, e.g v6 to v7 as they are totally different beasts.

I don't think I can recall seeing a semi-blank invoice likes yours before - totally blank or with corrupt text yes, but not semi-blank... this might be one of those occasions were you may need to open a ticket with support as having access to the server may reveal something obvious causing the problem... e.g server issue, incomplete upload elsewhere, an addon not compatible with v7...

you could try enabling errors and see if there is anything in the activity log too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...