Configurable Options - Price Tiers

kgerm7513

Good afternoon,,

I am selling a product which has a cost of $0.00, with a configurable option set to be a quantity selection between 1 and 50 which costs a value.

Currently, we have three pricing tiers and would like the ability to display all three tiers in the configurable options but ONLY in the admin area - on the customer invoices and in the online ordering section people will be only shown one single their (our full price tier).

Package A:

-- Configurable Option 1: Tier 1 - $39.95 (per 1 unit)

-- Configurable Option 2: Tier 2 - $34.95 (per 1 unit)

-- Configurable Option 3: Tier 3 - $32.50 (per 1 unit)

Currently, I'd have to create the following:

Package B (Tier 2):

-- Configurable Option 2: Tier 2 - $34.95 (per 1 unit)

Package C (Tier 3):

-- Configurable Option 3: Tier 3 - $22.50 (per 1 unit)

The 'tier' price is based on the customer, how many of the particular service / unit they're getting at what pricing tier.

Can this be done? I really don't wan't to have to create three different packages, I'd rather just be able to select the single product and put in X number of whatever tier of configurable option there is - if a configurable option is left at 0, it isn't displayed on the invoice or customer portal - it only actually uses whatever price tier (configurable option).

Can this be done? I really don't want to have to create three different packages, I'd rather just be able to select the single product and put in X number of whatever tier of configurable option there is.

out of the box, I doubt it can be done.

the way you don't want to do it, e.g 3 products each with their own configurable option tier, would be the usual way - with the admin upgrading the client product between tiers when they reach the threshold.

you may need to post in Service Offers & Requests and get a developer to custom code this for you.

alternatively, there may be an existing solution in Marketplace... for example, I know ModuleGarden have a Discount Center addon that can discount based on product quantities - but I think it's quantity of products, not one product with a specific configurable option quantity value (though if you contact them directly, they should be able to confirm that either way).