MarketConnect - Questions about SSL, Weebly and Payment

tonyz

I like the automated functionality of this new Addon for WHMCS but I have a few questions about it.

SSL

An SSL certificate requires a dedicated IP number. Provisioning of the IP number is manual in my case and can't be automated. Provisioning the SSL is going to fail if there is no dedicated IP in place. Is there a way to bundle SSL and dedicated IP together at sale time and pause processing on the SSL until the dedicated IP is configured?

What would happen if an SSL order was initiated without a dedicated IP?

Weebly

The biggest benefit aside from the sitebuilder for Weebly-hosted users is that site level security is managed by Weebly. Wordpress users need to provide a great deal of site security themselves which ends up being a significant ongoing cost. When a Weebly built site is hosted on my host, what sort of security exists against hacking and abuse? I presume that all Weebly files are HTM files and that there are no site-level scripts running on my host. Correct? If so this would be reasonably secure as there are no hooks or programable resources accessible for hackers to use. Provided cPanel was kept secure and the site regularly backed up and scanned for malware, it should be pretty safe I think. Am I missing anything?

Payment

Presumably we need to keep a positive balance in the kitty so that services stay active. Not having an automated payment facility is a bit of a drag. What happens if the kitty is empty at charge time. Any grace period?

Anyone else using MarketConnect yet? What do you think?

Cheers Guys

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tonyz, for SSL you don't need dedicated IP anymore, at least not for the standard ones, thanks to SNI which is supported by cpanel & plesk since at least a year ago.

About weebly, i'm interested in knowing about it yes.

Regards,