Change "late fees" in invoice

ZoXx

the only references to "Late Fees" in the language files are in the admin language files - but I doubt they'd be used in the invoices as they should be for admin area only.

the client language files do have...

$_LANG['latefee'] = "Late Fee";
$_LANG['latefeeadded'] = "Added";

... but if you say the invoices are showing "Late Fees", then perhaps it's being hard-coded in English?

We are from Germany and have german translations of course.

So i really dont know how it is in english invoice.

hmm... if it's German but you're seeing English (and it isn't included in the language files), i'd be tempted to think it's being hard-coded by WHMCS internally. :roll:

two suggestions...

1. open a ticket with support about this - it sounds as though they may take a week to respond, but they'd be able to tell you whether this is a bug.

2. post a screenshot of the output in the invoice where this "Late Fees" text is showing and I might be able to suggest a template tweak that can remove or translate it.

No no no.

I will explain.

We use german translations. It is called "Mahngebühren".

In english it should be called "late fees"?! So i thought that this would be english translation it will be shown on invoice.

It could be ofcourse something other, we dont use english translation ;)

we don't use Late Fees, but looking at a few online invoice images, it looks like the description field uses 'Late Fee', therefore you should just be able to use Language Overrides...

$_LANG['latefee'] = "Mahngebühr";

now if your German invoices are saying Late Fee or Late Fees and not Mahngebühr (or your override), then perhaps it's hardcoded.

Okay new try.

In our invoice is already the translation from english to german.

Everything is fine and nothing is hardcoded.

We want to edit the translation.

I edit the word "Mahngebühren" to another sentence but in our invoice nothing changed. So iam looking for the right hook to edit it.

I hope you understand me now :|

oh ok, if you're already using a translation, then editing it will only affect future/new invoices - existing invoices will have already used the old term and saved that to the database.

so new invoices should use the new translation - your only issue is what to do with the existing invoices.

1. leave them using the old translation.

2. update them to use the new translation.

if 2, you could update them manually if there are only a few, or using an SQL query if there are more than a few... or if you wanted to avoid changing the database, then you could tweak the invoice template(s) to show the new translation when it sees the old one.