Domain Registrar 'None' not Enom (only for some orders)

thomasNL

Hello,

I searched on the forum for similar posts but i cannot find it.

The problem: sometimes our system does not automatically register a domain name with Enom (Registration Type: Register). If i look inside the item (Domain) then the registrar for such orders is 'None' not 'Enom'. This seems to occur randomly. We need to change the registrar to 'Enom' then, save and hit the register button and then we are fine.

I am quite confident that all domain name settings and prices are configured correctly. I did notice however that changing the payment status of an invoice to PAID takes quote long (so maybe the client aborts a proces while ordering, i am not sure). Any idea where to look for a solution for this?

Any help is really being appreciated - the consequence of this problem is that clients who order when it is night time here do have to wait for hours and that is obviously a dissatisfier.

Regards,

Thomas

The activity log shows that the system sends out an email 'This message is to confirm that your domain purchase has been successful.' while it was not successful due to the problem i described.

All TLD's are assigned to eNom. We user Openprovider a few months ago and experienced exactly the same issue so it is not being caused by the registrar(s).

is this the same problem you marked as solved in the thread below ?

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?125558-Automatic-domain-name-registration-fails-registrar-None-instead-of-Enom&p=503414#post503414

when it doesn't register automatically, I assume payment has been taken online (e.g paypal, credit card etc) and there aren't any offline payment options - if there were, then this could delay registration until the invoice was marked as paid.

Correct it is the same. Payment is done with PayPal indeed. Is my issue the result of a delay or maybe the client abandoning a page too early? Any suggestions how to fix? Because somehow some PayPal clients are being handled by the auto register module and some not.

Is my issue the result of a delay or maybe the client abandoning a page too early? Any suggestions how to fix? Because somehow some PayPal clients are being handled by the auto register module and some not.

the fact that changing the status of an invoice takes a while is worrying.

the logs should tell you if payment is being received, but perhaps on occasion the server is timing out when connecting to eNom... is this only occurring at night, only with certain TLDs - or is it truly random ??

if you have a support package with WHMCS, i'd suggest opening a ticket with them about this - with access to your setup, they might be able to diagnose the issue quicker than anyone can from the outside; if you got your license from a reseller, you can always contact Reseller Support.

it sounds more like a server issue to me rather than a problem with WHMCS.