WHMCS Hosted?

zelamedia

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello, Anyone knows the exactly date when the Hosted version of WHMCS comes out?

greets

In a world where $5 VPS exists why would you want this? I'm not sure if this is even allowed by PCI banking regulations. You are basically letting someone else host all your server passwords, credit cards, customers data, etc...

Insane in terms of security and privacy. I would never use a company like this personally, if they can't manage their own site online why would I trust them with my own data...

Some hosted software makes sense. But a billing & automation software designed for service providers? Mostly in the IT or hosting sector? Sounds a bit dramatic to offer hosting services if you can't host your own stuff. At least it looks very bad.

This is no way to deter WHMCS from offering something like this but I wonder how many people would use it and if it even makes sense from a commercial perspective to run something like this for a small number of persons. It also means that WHMCS is becoming a service hosting company vs a software company which could make some of their partners and resellers that offer WHMCS (or trough web application installers on their hosting services) feel bad.

I know cPanel customers didn't took it lightly when they purchased a small company themselves. I'm curious on what most WHMCS customers think about something like this.