Customize the index.php Page

giaGhee

I apologize if this question is extremely novice, but I am just starting off as a reseller. I am an independent graphic designer and I build websites as well. My overall goal is to Allow my customers to order both Graphic & Web Design and well as Hosting and Domain services. I want to merge my services together. So I have loaded my Graphic Design, Branding, etc type services into the product/services area. I first would like to change the index.php but I can not do that directly. Here is an example of something I want to do: In the home shortcut section, it asks "How can we help you today?" It goes on to list some of the shortcut items like "Buy A Domain","Order Hosting", etc. I would like to know how to add to this list and change the label to "How can I help you today"

Thanks for helping me out

So I have loaded my Graphic Design, Branding, etc type services into the product/services area. I first would like to change the index.php but I can not do that directly.

most of the .php are encrypted, so you can't edit them - but WHMCS is template based, so you can edit the templates.

Here is an example of something I want to do: In the home shortcut section, it asks "How can we help you today?" It goes on to list some of the shortcut items like "Buy A Domain","Order Hosting", etc. I would like to know how to add to this list and change the label to "How can I help you today"

the answer to that comes in two parts...

firstly, to modify the shortcut section (add/remove etc), you could edit /templates/six (or your custom template)/header.tpl and edit the block starting...

<div class="home-shortcuts">

secondly, with regards to changing the text content shown, then you would need to use Language Overrides - the documentation will explain how, but basically you never edit the language files as they can/will get overwritten during a WHMCS update - you use overrides instead to customise the text and they won't get changed during an update.