Invoice date not the same as the date paid

GoHost4U

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this query.

We are in Spain which requires us to account for our invoices when they are created. The system creates a proforma which negates having to account for the IVA in advance of payment receipt but when someone does pay then the invoice is created with the date as being the original pro forma date and not the date when payment is made and subsequently the invoice created.

This results in invoices which are dated outside the fiscal year or quarter. We give a 21 day notice on say hosting or domain renewals and the proformas are sent out say in December 2016 but due to be paid and effectively paid anytime after that. In the case where the date of payment is made say in 2017 then the invoice is then created with last years date.

Can the invoice date reflect the payment date whether this is via an automated payment or us manually assigning the payment. (I know you can manually adjust the invoice date when manually assigning payment)

TIA

• 1 year later...

I think that might be correct whmcs could be implement this hook if your software is sold even in Europe Country, i have read in a old post that Matt has given this "old hook" that works with old version for this purpouse. Could WHMCS give hook for new version of its software?

<?php
function hook_update_invoice_date_on_payment($vars) {
update_query("tblinvoices",array("date"=>"now()"),array("id"=>$vars['invoiceid']));
}
add_hook("AddInvoicePayment",1,"hook_update_invoice_date_on_payment");
?>