Upgrade to 7.1 Strip Module Required Template Changes

Just wondering what the cure for the: [Required Template Changes Not Found: We were unable to detect the presence of the required WHMCS 7.1 template changes for Stripe compatibility in your active order form template. Please ensure the changes itemised in the 7.1 upgrade here have been applied. Please see Template Changes for more information.] when setting up stripe. I have been using stripe for a long time but figured, it would be good to use the built in module. Even when using the default template, I get the same error. Is this a known issue?

Nick

You will need to revert/overwrite your custom template as well as any cart files that were edited when you patched them for stripe support previously. When you upgraded you would have been shown the files that probably needed to be reverted. Open the installation documentation of the previous stripe addon you were using to note exactly which files you changed.

I've done it recently and it worked just fine (the switch to native Stripe support and upgrade to v 7.1)

I hope it helps.

You will need to revert/overwrite your custom template as well as any cart files that were edited when you patched them for stripe support previously. When you upgraded you would have been shown the files that probably needed to be reverted. Open the installation documentation of the previous stripe addon you were using to note exactly which files you changed.

I've done it recently and it worked just fine (the switch to native Stripe support and upgrade to v 7.1)

I hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply. There were no changes to any files to use the stripe module I was using. However I reverted back to the standard template, and it corrected that mistake. Now when I tried a test purchase I got the [The following errors occurred:Remote Transaction Failure. Please Contact Support.]error message. Although I had deleted the previous stripe module out of the payment gateways the module folder was still there. So I deleted it, thinking that would solve the issue. Unfortunately doing this give me the following error,[see below ] which doesn't make sense as there are no hooks, or anything else related to the previous module.

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'stripe3200/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/blue-earth.net/public_html/beb/modules/gateways/roudiappstripecheckout.php on line 17

Any help much appreciated

best

Nick

HI there, Ok got past the first hurdles, but still getting the: Remote Transaction Failure. Please Contact Support

If I change to fresh six template [ nothing changed ] and standard cart, still get the error message. It appears the info is reaching Stripe as it shows in the gateway log, but doesn't show why it's not going through.

Any thoughts appreciated.

best

Nick

I am having the SAME ISSUE.

I used to use SERVER PING Stripe Module.

NEVER EVER had any issues - now upgraded to Version: 7.1.0

and If you login to a CLIENT SIDE, using BRAND NEW (yes, I DELETED the old Template) "Six" TEMPLATE - and yes, I already DELETED the modules/gateways serverping web hook and I already OVER WROTE or straight DELETED everything that I am aware of with ServerPing...

and now, clients CAN'T add credit cards....

HELP!!!!

I opened TECH SUPPORT ticket #GXK-364724

I also provided ALL my ftp and WHMCS login info...

on the ccforms folder in the /templates/orderforms folder - yes I did.

I actually DELETED ALL folders in the /templates/orderforms folder and then REUPLOADED them from the whmcs_v710_full\whmcs\templates\orderforms\ folder :)

so, something is DEFINITELY not wrong on my end (as far as I know - and I am sure that I will be proven wrong - lol)

humbly asking for any other help or what to look for...

I had to revert back to the stripe module I was using, as the new WHMCS one just would not work. I got in touch with Stripe and they said it was something to do with the tokenisation. I couldn't be offline any longer, so like I say, I reverted to the old one, which is working fine.

So, here I am - with clients not able to Enter Credit Cards...

UPDATE - I literally - went through every single dir in the whmcs install - and backed up what I already had there - and then deleted off the server, and then UPLOADED ONLY the new FRESH FILES.....

EXACT SAME problem still exists... JESUS... come on...

It gets BETTER - now that ONLY new files UPLOADED DIRECTLY from the "whmcs_v710_full" unzipped folder are now up...

NOW - I am getting that WHMCS ERROR "Required Template Changes Not Found: We were unable to detect the presence of the required WHMCS 7.1 template changes for Stripe compatibility in your active order form template. Please ensure the changes itemised in the 7.1 upgrade here have been applied. Please see Template Changes for more information."

This is just unbelievable... I seriously thought things would get better... and what's more - I WAITED a few weeks before upgrading - specifically because this kind of thing has happened to me in the past...

I just don't understand...

FOUND THE PROBLEM - FROM WHMCS - NO ACTUAL RESOLUTION YET - BUT EVERYONE USING NATIVE STRIPE SHOULD READ THIS

OK - so, the SPECIFIC PROBLEM we HAD WAS:

MY END USER CLIENT - CLICKS on "Manage Credit Card" in the MENU, and lands on:

whmcs/clientarea.php?action=creditcard

MY END USER CLIENT - ENTERS Credit Card info in the form, clicks Submit, the page just HANGS. No ERROR, NOTHING.

####

OK, so - I opened a Ticket With WHMCS - gave them all access pass to my system.

Here is what they said (paraphrasing):

"IF your client has not ALREADY PAID using STRIPE (via paying an INVOICE) - you can't ENTER a NEW Credit Card using FORM on "Manage Credit Card" page:

whmcs/clientarea.php?action=creditcard"

####

OK - well - at least I know that the WHMCS / STRIPE system isnt broken - its just a WHMCS TEMPLATE Problem.

SO - WE NEED WHMCS to MODIFY the DEFAULT WHMCS TEMPLATE to put in some if/then coding to say -

IF (MY END USER CLIENT that has never paid by STRIPE (virutally ALL my end user clients - since WHMCS only recently created NATIVE STRIPE SUPPORT) - CLICKS on "Manage Credit Card" in the MENU, and lands on:

whmcs/clientarea.php?action=creditcard)

THEN (DONT SHOW FORM, OR SHOW WARNING TO USER)

The REASONS that this is VERY IMPORTANT is - if an END USER CLIENT ENTERS their Credit Card info on YOUR WEBSITE - and it APPEARS as if something isnt working - END USER CLIENT will VIEW your Company as SHIM SHAM, and may even Question whether or not we Charged them / what did we do with the Credit Card Info etc.

Basically, it REALLY hurts our credibility with our end user clients - especially when it comes to how we handle their credit cards :)

THIS IS NOT a WHMCS Criticism at all. They ARE working hard VIA MY TECH SUPPORT TICKET to fix this - I just wanted anyone else stuck on this to KNOW why its not working.

• 2 weeks later...

Having taken a deep breath I went back to this issue. I tried every combination and nothing worked. I have now gone over to the server ping stripe module. Installed and it worked straight out of the box. My previous module broke after the upgrade, and never worked again. Been a particularly bad upgrade experience this time around. Still things not working, and glitching especially in the dashboard, not being able to move info boxes around is boring, it's useless. Never mind I am sure WHMCS crewe are on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the status of this? We want to upgrade to v7.1 and native Stripe. Very important to us that this works.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel your pain, but I had no such problems myself. Hopefully WHMCS support will be able to help you.

Since it appears to be related to the templates, what client and order form templates are you using?

Does anyone know the status of this? We want to upgrade to v7.1 and native Stripe. Very important to us that this works.

- - - Updated - - -

Since it appears to be related to the templates, what client and order form templates are you using?

They said the below on 5th Jan,but still no update.

Thanks for getting in touch, the issue is currently with our Developers and I don't have an update yet I'm afraid. We understand the impact this is having on some clients and it's being dealt with as a Major priority.

We've opened Case ID MODULE-6487 with our developers in order to have this resolved for future releases. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this. However, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log at http://changelog.whmcs.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Just using the default template (customized) and boxes. I've tried all the other default order forms and they also work fine with Stripe native for me.

Just purchased a brand new whmcs licence for another project. No other templates uploaded other than 'six'. Set up my stripe module (as it comes with whmcs) and have made no (zero) modifications to 'six' template (other than uploading a new logo) and this:

Required Template Changes Not Found: We were unable to detect the presence of the required WHMCS 7.1 template changes for Stripe compatibility in your active order form template. Please ensure the changes itemised in the 7.1 upgrade here have been applied. Please see Template Changes for more information.

How can a default template from the install files not work with this?

Hi Si,

two things I can recall about the WHMCS stripe module - it doesn't require any template changes, but it only works with standard_cart... well I suppose to be strictly accurate, it doesn't work with Boxes or Modern - which effectively only leaves standard_cart (or a template that uses SC) as an option. :idea:

With the official WHMCS module, there are no template changes required.
Warning: The Stripe gateway module is not compatible with the Modern or Boxes order form templates.

were you trying to use Boxes or Modern with the Stripe module ?

I had the same problem, new install and template error.

Its like you said, it only works on standard cart. The solution is to change the whmcs default cart to standard and the error goes away.

I have a different problem though, when I inspect a payment on stripe it says "Name: No name provided ". All of the other info is provided, the name is also in the "metadata" sent by whmcs.

Same problem, used the Stripe module from Server Ping, which was free for at least 5+ years, never any problems, WHMCS you should stick to doing what you know well, like how to build a ADMIN theme that is nowhere near responsive -- did a great job on that thanks

Server Ping module is inexpensive and has managed to require relatively little maintenance or attention throughout the updates.