Cron not working after update

Gustav

Hello,

Every time the cron runs or run it manually; I get the following email/text

"The cron has run within the last 24 hours.

To force the cron to run all operations immediately,

please invoke with the following arguments "all --force"."

Please Advise.

Best Regards.

Hostgator offers free whmcs license for resellers, but now in WHMCS 7.0 version cronjob is not working because hostgaotr servers have outdated ioncube loader i thing it's version 4.4.4. And those hostgator fools do not want to update ioncube, i suggest to move to another hosting provider that offers latest version of iocube.

Cronjob error:

PHP Fatal error: The file /home/xxxx/xxxx/cron.php cannot be decoded

by this version of the ionCube Loader.

So, after a lengthy chat with HostGator support, going through lvl 1, 2 then 3, I was told "From the provided cron above, it's using php, not a specific, so it looks to be calling the default php version on the server." Support claims the WHMCS cron.php is using PHP 5.2 instead of 5.6 even though I am telling it to use 5.6 on the crons DIR in cpanel.

I was also told "We would not be able to fix a cron job, you would need to reach out to WHMCS, I would advise trying with the php file path, but WHMCS should be able to confirm that. /opt/php56/lib would be the installation of php 5.6 for example."

I honestly don't know if this is bogus info or not but I guess I'm not understanding what is being told to me. I was under the impression it is due to the ioncube ver installed. My error message is

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: The file /home/defiler/whmcs_crons/cron.php cannot be decoded

If you are the administrator of this site

then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader.

in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

Sorry if I thread-jacked. It wasn't my intention. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried all versions of PHP on my crons DIR and I've tried uploading new files to my modules and includes DIRs.

Hello,

Every time the cron runs or run it manually; I get the following email/text

Please Advise.

Best Regards.

Hi Zaltom,

This is the expected behaviour with the V7 cron, WHMCS itself will email a report to you whenever the cron performs any actions so you don't need to provide an email address in your cron configuration at the server level. By removing your email from there, that will stop these notifications you are receiving every time the cron file is invoked. Alternatively, add the following to the end of your cron command to ignore the output: > /dev/null 2>&1

Hostgator offers free whmcs license for resellers, but now in WHMCS 7.0 version cronjob is not working because hostgaotr servers have outdated ioncube loader i thing it's version 4.4.4. And those hostgator fools do not want to update ioncube, i suggest to move to another hosting provider that offers latest version of iocube.

Cronjob error:

PHP Fatal error: The file /home/xxxx/xxxx/cron.php cannot be decoded

Hey Anwaalam,

You are correct, Hostgator do run older versions of ionCube Loaders all I can suggest is being persistent in a support ticket or chat feel free to direct them to http://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements which outline the requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
So, after a lengthy chat with HostGator support, going through lvl 1, 2 then 3, I was told "From the provided cron above, it's using php, not a specific, so it looks to be calling the default php version on the server." Support claims the WHMCS cron.php is using PHP 5.2 instead of 5.6 even though I am telling it to use 5.6 on the crons DIR in cpanel.

I was also told "We would not be able to fix a cron job, you would need to reach out to WHMCS, I would advise trying with the php file path, but WHMCS should be able to confirm that. /opt/php56/lib would be the installation of php 5.6 for example."

I honestly don't know if this is bogus info or not but I guess I'm not understanding what is being told to me. I was under the impression it is due to the ioncube ver installed. My error message is

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: The file /home/defiler/whmcs_crons/cron.php cannot be decoded

If you are the administrator of this site

then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader.

in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

Sorry if I thread-jacked. It wasn't my intention. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried all versions of PHP on my crons DIR and I've tried uploading new files to my modules and includes DIRs.

IamDefiler, I am at the same point that you. Hostgator Support swears I'm using PHP 5.6 / ionCube 6 and that the issue actually is in the cron script. On the other side, WHMCS says that Hostgator has not the right version of ionCube installed. I'm completely lost.

Did you manage to solve this?

Thank you.

Hi IamDefiller,

cPanel will default to pulling the default PHP version, you can append /opt/php56/lib to the start of the cron to see if that will pull PHP 5.6 but you will need Hostgator to confirm the location to their PHP 5.6 instllation

Hi Chris,

I tried your suggestion with no luck. Here's my cron line:

/opt/php56/lib/php -q /home/[username]/public_html/[whmcs_folder]/crons/cron.php

(please tell me if there's something wrong with it).

Hostgator Support told me today:

5.6.27 - /opt/php56/bin/php

That is where the CLI user will need to be pointed to use that version.

And I get two emails:

First one:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: /opt/php56/lib/php: is a directory

Second one:

Failed loading /opt/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so: /opt/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so: undefined symbol: zend_execute_ex

Failed loading /opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ZendGuardLoader.so: /opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ZendGuardLoader.so: undefined symbol: zend_execute_ex

Content-type: text/html

Site error: the <a href="http://www.ioncube.com">ionCube</a> PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking.

Please visit <a href="http://get-loader.ioncube.com">get-loader.ioncube.com</a> for install assistance.

Any suggestion? Thank you very much.

Hi all,

I had a mistake on my cron line. Following Chris suggestion and Hostgator information, finally I managed to get the cron work with this:

/opt/php56/bin/php -q /home/[username]/public_html/[whmcs_folder]/crons/cron.php

For those hosting on Hostgator and using WHMCS 7, this is the solution for the cron task issue. You need to append /opt/php56/bin/ to the cron in order to force the it to use the right PHP and ionCube versions.

Thank you Chris for your advice.

hello

i am using hetzner webhosting

i got same problem

my line is

/usr/bin/php56 -c /home/httpd/php56-ini/****/php.ini /usr/www/users/****/****/crons/cron.php

its working but i got

i don't know is it problem in the corn ? or i need to do smoething else ?

i don't get mail from whmcs tell me about what happen like before

and the service dosent suspends as well

the line is same as i was using before in whmcs 6 and blower

Hi all,

I had a mistake on my cron line. Following Chris suggestion and Hostgator information, finally I managed to get the cron work with this:

/opt/php56/bin/php -q /home/[username]/public_html/[whmcs_folder]/crons/cron.php

For those hosting on Hostgator and using WHMCS 7, this is the solution for the cron task issue. You need to append /opt/php56/bin/ to the cron in order to force the it to use the right PHP and ionCube versions.

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of it dgAlef!

One note the /opt/php56 path may vary from Hostgator Server to Server some would use /bin/ others would appear to use /lib/ if these don't work i'd recommend working with HostGator to check the correct path if these do not work for you.

I am also getting this error:

please invoke with the following arguments "all --force".

Testing reveals NONE of my crons are working, nor is my email piping into the help desk. I can run them manually via SSH if i use all --force. Domainsync runs manually via SSH, pop does not. My emails never get piped in

Hello ScrltOTara,

Thanks for your post on the community forums.

The message being returned from the cron:

Generally indicates that the daily cron has been run, if you look under Utilities -> Logs -> Activity Log and see if you are showing a Cron Job: Completed record daily. I'd also recommend checking the email reports sent from the cron around the time that you have set under Setup -> Automation Settings -> Time of Day to see if any errors appear in there.

• 2 weeks later...

We just updated to from 6 to 7.0.2 we have everything setup , we got our hosting provider to update to PHP 5.6 CPanel and it's been 48 hours and the cron job is still showing the following error.

The cron has run within the last 24 hours.

Under Automation Settings im getting:

Cron Status Ok

Last Run: 11/30/2016 01:05

Under system health i get the following error:

System Cron Tasks

The system cron does not appear to have completed successfully within the last 24 hours. Check your activity logs or learn more about enabling the cron in our documentation.

No new invoices or emails have been sent out as well.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

Thank you very much. After wasting so much time with Hostgator Livechat which guide me to the method that does not work, I almost give up. This works for me. Thanks a lot.