WHM vs WHMCS vs Cpanel

zilli

Question

Hi folks!

I am Daniel from Brazil. I am starting a web hosting company... so I have some doubts about the softwares used to manage things. I see a lot people talking about WHM and Cpanel.... now I discovery WHMCS... Can someone help explain me what do really each one do and why is needed ?

Thanks,

Daniel

12 answers to this question

WHM and cPanel is not the same type of software as WHMCS.

WHMCS is a billing software. You can manage orders, clients and products here.

WHM and cPanel is software to let you manage a web site and web server. Check it out here.

WHMCS interacts with WHM to create accounts when a customer pays up, suspends it if they don't etc.

Thanks JasonO.

Just to see if I understood right. :-)

Cpanel and WHM.. manage the "machine" and the programs that run in it.

WHMCS.. manage the clients bills and orders...So with WHMCS i can customize all my order system with my hosting plans ..right ? So with WHMCS I won't need create the order forms by hand, WHMCS do it for me, right ?

Just one more question. With WHMCS.. can I manage support tickets too ? I mean.. with WHMCS.. I won't need a software like http://www.osticket.com, right ?

Thanks again..

Daniel

@tommylevin licensing for cPanel/WHM is separate from WHMCS, when you purchase a WHMCS License that provides access to our software.  If you are wanting to use cPanel & WHM once you have a server you would need to either purchase a cPanel/WHM License from cPanel directly or your host.

Another option if you are just starting out is reseller hosting, a number of providers already exist that allow you to create X number of accounts within a certain amount of disk space & bandwidth many of these providers use cPanel so you wouldn't need to worry about licensing.

• WHMCS Support Manager
On 7/26/2020 at 11:40 AM, dhanushx012 said:

My question is: do I need to buy cPanel & WHM license in separate or when I buy a license for WHMCS Its comes with cPanel & WHM license.

Yes, WHMCS and cPanel are different software packages which do different (but complimentary) things, so each requires an appropriate license.