[Case #2949] 5.1.8 Update breaks View/search clients page

After updating to 5.1.8, visiting the view/search clients page causes an error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_escaoe_string() in /home/**/public_html/whmcs/admin/clients.php on line 0

I've seen several others have this same issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a spelling error in the function call. db_escape_string()

Same issue here, I've had to roll back until WHMCS announce fix.

Also having this issue here 5.1.7 to 5.1.8

Is it okay to leave it like this until a fix is out?

I'm concerned when the crontab scripts run or billing is done it may break something or corrupt something?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Did this get ninja patched with no updated to the version number yet?

Pretty pathetic that you cant even know if these issues as a result of the patch are fixed because they wont roll out a 5.1.8.1 or a 5.1.9.

Getting really tired of WHMCS bs; been looking for a new billing system. Seems theres really nothing to chose from thats any better. Time to build a custom one just for services it looks like. Feel really bad for those beta testers who installed 5.2.x.

If you don't know yet, never install any updates from WHMCS without testing them first as they're almost guaranteed to break something.

Did this get ninja patched with no updated to the version number yet?

I don't think so, I can't determine if patches have been updated but kept same version number or not - or if the issues caused by the patches remain unresolved. I seem to be in a typical WHMCS upgrade situation, that is, after upgrade my system breaks so I roll back and wait for WHMCS to fix their patches before the hackers get there first. It sucks and it is every F@#k''' time with WHMCS.

They tell you they care but they do not. It is almost impossible to be this consistantly incompetent.