Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

Default Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

I wrote this a few months ago but never got around to releasing it. Since there are now a few other options for Stripe support with WHMCS, I've decided to release this for free under the BSD license.

--
    This module provides support for the Stripe payment gateway for use with WHMCS.

-Includes support for the Stripe.js library which allows for your customers to enter in credit card data that never goes through your server.

-Card information is stored remotely with Stripe, only the customer token is stored in your WHMCS database.

-Automatic conversion of locally stored credit card information.
    If a customer has a locally stored card, the next time a payment is processed, the card will be stored remotely and removed from the local database.

This module is provided open source under the BSD license for no cost, registration is required for downloading the module.

Since this is a free module, no support will be provided, however, if you find any bugs in the software, feel free to email us so we can look into fixing the issue. If you need commercial support or a custom feature, please contact us for a quote.

Order your free copy

Default Re: Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

Thanks for contributing this to the community--source code and all! It has replaced the ZigNut module for me and seems to be working great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by markb1439
    Thanks for this! A few questions about the library provided by Stripe (which it appears that your add-on properly uses):

1) How is the Stripe library used (where does it need to be uploaded)?
    2) If the Stripe library is updated, is it safe to update it in our WHMCS system, or might that break your plugin?
    The stripe library folder should be uploaded to the gateways folder, it contains an additional file (stripesave.php) not found in the normal library used by the javascript to store the token to the WHMCS database so make sure you use the included stripe library folder and not the one downloaded directly from stripe.

It should be OK to update the stripe library as long as you keep the stripesave.php file, however, I can't make any guarantees they will not change something would cause an issue.

Is there any way to add the creditcard details fields directly on checkout instead of being redirected to clientarea after?

That would be a great future to avoid unpaid orders.

Quote Originally Posted by EksoKen View Post
    Is there any way to add the creditcard details fields directly on checkout instead of being redirected to clientarea after?That would be a great future to avoid unpaid orders.
    I may be possible, however, it would be complicated because we use the Stripe JS library to store the users credit card data securely and goes around the normal way that WHMCS takes credit card information so that the credit card data never touches your server. If the order being placed is from a new customer there isn't a database record in WHMCS yet to store the customer token that Stripe creates before the order is processed.

Does this work with recurring payments?

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    Does this work with recurring payments?
    Yes, the customers credit card is stored security with Stripe and a special token is stored in the WHMCS database which allows WHMCS to automatically charge the credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by jclarke View Post
    Yes, the customers credit card is stored security with Stripe and a special token is stored in the WHMCS database which allows WHMCS to automatically charge the credit card.
    Can we attempt to charge the card at anytime for any amount or will this work more like 2CheckOut Recurring Billing and PayPal Subscription setups?
    James L.
    Aspiration Hosting ● Magento Hosting + Global CDN
    NoFrillsResellerSimple & Affordable Reseller Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Can we attempt to charge the card at anytime for any amount or will this work more like 2CheckOut Recurring Billing and PayPal Subscription setups?
    It works just like if you had a credit card stored directly in WHMCS, you can charge the customers card at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by jclarke View Post
    I may be possible, however, it would be complicated because we use the Stripe JS library to store the users credit card data securely and goes around the normal way that WHMCS takes credit card information so that the credit card data never touches your server. If the order being placed is from a new customer there isn't a database record in WHMCS yet to store the customer token that Stripe creates before the order is processed.
    So the customer on checkout has to login to the client area and then pay? It won't take credit card details on the checkout page with this plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    So the customer on checkout has to login to the client area and then pay? It won't take credit card details on the checkout page with this plugin?
    No, what happens is after the customer completes the checkout page, they are automatically redirected to the credit card detail page where they will enter their credit card and complete the checkout process.

thank you for submitting this to the public there should more developers like you but i have a problem with the version 5.1 it the module don't work

Quote Originally Posted by ranlie View Post
    thank you for submitting this to the public there should more developers like you but i have a problem with the version 5.1 it the module don't work
    This gateway module was designed to work for version 5.1, if you could please give more details about the issue you are having I can try and point you in the right direction or if you would like to purchase commercial support, please email us at [email protected] with the details of the issue and we can give you a quote for support.

jclarke! Thanks for your contribution! I was looking forward to using it but it seems clientcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl are only for the default.. Im vested in a modded variant of the portal theme.. if i purchased commercial support could you make versions of clientcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl for portal based setups? If so count me in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johanis View Post
    jclarke! Thanks for your contribution! I was looking forward to using it but it seems clientcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl are only for the default.. Im vested in a modded variant of the portal theme.. if i purchased commercial support could you make versions of clientcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl for portal based setups? If so count me in!!
    Yes, if you purchase the commercial support option, send in an email with this request and I can create a version for use with the portal theme.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast