Client Side Emails and Outlook 2007

jas

Hi Guys,

Could we get a few people to test client side emails being recieved in outlook 2007, does it loose the CSS styling? Aka Font Changes to what looks like Times New Roman around 14px.

This is an issue that Matt and Myself are trying to work around and need to find out if its just our server / setup or if its actually a bug in Outlook 2007.

All Admin emails come through in the correct styling so you will need a client account to test this.

Thanks

Jas

• 2 weeks later...

i am experiencing exactly the same issue. I have tested a range of clients and all have no issue. It appears limited to Outlook 2007 (not sure about previous versions)

Entourage, Outlook Web Access (on exchange server), Windows Live Mail and Round Cube webmail all appear to work fine.

Maybe the admin emails are not subject to the new customizable CSS implementation.

Is this limited to a few installations or should we declare it a definite bug?

Outlook Web Access also displays it incorrectly for me. Matt and i have been working on this for ages and we have eventually just ran out of ideas. Hes created me a custom file which puts the CSS styling back to how it was in previous versions however its still the same.

Ok.. This is what it is showing in the email source:

<style>

body,td,th {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

font-weight: normal;

}

a {

color: #0000ff;

}

</style>

=================================

Shouldn't the top <style> be <style type="text/css">

??? If so, where can we go to fix it..

Ya, Microsoft was so nice to take us back a few years with CSS and HTML emails. They are now using Word to render the HTML, which is kind of pointless. Not to mention a pain in our butt's when we want a nicely layed out email.

Here is a nice blog with some suggestions that I had come across.

http://www.9xb.com/blog-html-emails-and-outlook-2007.html

I don't think there really is a way to correct this on the whmcs end, considering how much CSS would have to be cut out. Designers for email will simply have to change their email design. Dumbing it down, you might say.

Here is a guideline that could be used when designing your email templates for whmcs.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2303700/Guide-to-CSS-Support-in-Email-2007

It contains what will and will not work in different email applications, including web based. Hope it helps!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...